"If you cannot be a poet, be the poem." -David Carradine

Thursday, December 12, 2013

hundreds & hundreds of years go by

meteoric / Nolan Webb

La cosa va de mercao / Belén Montilla

ice crystals by =dolore on deviantart

Oh, there are rare, rare times when my heart hurts for everyone. When I'm sucked out of my own self-absobed life and wanna think about others.



With those times I want everyone to realize some things.
Things that I forget sometimes.
This::::: That whether you're living in it or not, the universe just keeps on going.

I realized that another wave of boys will leave on missions every summer and Downton Abbey will keep playing.
That the leaves will fall off the trees every year, whether you're sitting under their branches or not.
That every time I cry, somebody somewhere is falling in love.
That every night the sun sets, the same sun is rising for someone else.
That summer will come back every single year, whether or not you bought a pool pass.

Believe me, whether you're living in it or not, the universe just keeps on going.
And it's a completely personal decision whether you want to be a part of it or not. The World has nothing to do with it.

The world is gonna keep on playing Normal. You choose to alter it.

Am I making any sense? I'm probably not.

For years I was shocked. After the horrible nights, you know those nights.
The nights when the same word just beats with your crying head ache. "Why?" And pulling yourself out of the hole doesn't seem worth the try... I continued to be stunned day after day.
Because every time I'd wake up in the morning I'd see that the world hadn't stopped with me
It still shocks me sometimes.

We are so insignificant.

But not in a bad way. In the way that the earth never stops turning and I think all these magic, invisible forces are trying to tell us by that to get up and run with it. That life's never EVER going to stop working. You'll have a token to this carousel for eternity. You'll have a wristband to ride this roller coaster forever. And no one said the ride wasn't gonna be scary sometimes. (this is a disgustingly excessive amount of metaphors, but I'm trying to make a point).
And maybe we have all been tricked.
Maybe when we signed up for this thing called life we didn't know exactly what we were getting into. But if you really think about it... it has to be worth it. And that alone is enough to get somebody at least through it, if not excited to get up and try life again.

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." says the radio, all the time.

5 comments:

Dani said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shug Jameson said...

"Summer will come back every single year whether you buy a pool pass or not"

Wow, that is a hard one to wrap your head around.

Sometimes you write things and I'm like "Hey, me too! I feel exactly the same way!"

This, my friend, is one of those things.

ky said...

"In the way that the earth never stops turning and I think all these magic, invisible forces are trying to tell us by that to get up and run with it"

FAVORITE line. But the whole thing was amazing. Mucho needed my friend. Thank you.

Insolence is Bliss said...

"And maybe we have all been tricked"

We think so alike in this matter it's crazy, honestly.

Unknown said...

"Maybe when we signed up for this thing called life we didn't know exactly what we were getting into. But if you really think about it... it has to be worth it."

And those metaphors. And basically this whole thing.

If you write me (and I hope that you do, but don't feel like you really have to because I know life is crazy), I hope that you write like this.