"I have spent many nights trying to drown myself... in guacamole."
You know and I know that the fact that it rained on July 10th 2014 was no coincidence.
Also, I got to play mom and practice forcing myself to sit down on the couch for a minute even though there were still dirty dishes in the sink. It felt wonderful.
I groaned when they chose to watch Despicable Me 2, but I realized later why that was the perfect choice.
It was sooooo summer.
We slid on the trampoline in hose water and dish soap.
We slid on the trampoline in hose water and dish soap.
We ate apricots and climbed high in the cherry tree.
I've never felt my soul growing down so fast.
So easily.
They fed my recent obsession with Star Wars and I realized how I've always disregarded everything Darth Vader says. But I heard Darth Vader say something that has summed up my pre-mission life. All of our pre-mission lives: "You don't know the power of the Dark Side."
And it is soooo true.
Even Darth Vader knows that the power of Satan is so underestimated amongst our religious conversations. They talk about how much God can help you, but we need to also focus on how hard Satan's gonna hit you when the world needs your specific wonderful most.
It really sucks.
So, that's what I learned from Darth Vader this week. And I won't ever forget it.
I've learned from four crazy kids how important it is to have fun. I need to spend more time with fun.
I've learned from myself that God controls this world and will turn it any way He pleases. But He always has a reason and your best interest is always in mind.
Knowing that allows me to let go. To have fun, to look Satan in the face and say "Don't even try." and to trust that all of this happens for a reason. And it will be worth it in the end.
With that mind set, I am unbeatable.
Wow. A simple post about summertime and Darth Vader has quickly escalated to a lot more.
I just really need to go on a mission.
They fed my recent obsession with Star Wars and I realized how I've always disregarded everything Darth Vader says. But I heard Darth Vader say something that has summed up my pre-mission life. All of our pre-mission lives: "You don't know the power of the Dark Side."
And it is soooo true.
Even Darth Vader knows that the power of Satan is so underestimated amongst our religious conversations. They talk about how much God can help you, but we need to also focus on how hard Satan's gonna hit you when the world needs your specific wonderful most.
It really sucks.
So, that's what I learned from Darth Vader this week. And I won't ever forget it.
I've learned from four crazy kids how important it is to have fun. I need to spend more time with fun.
I've learned from myself that God controls this world and will turn it any way He pleases. But He always has a reason and your best interest is always in mind.
Knowing that allows me to let go. To have fun, to look Satan in the face and say "Don't even try." and to trust that all of this happens for a reason. And it will be worth it in the end.
With that mind set, I am unbeatable.
Wow. A simple post about summertime and Darth Vader has quickly escalated to a lot more.
I just really need to go on a mission.
July 10th 2013, summer ended for Phyllis.
This year it was July 10th 2014 that SUMMER BEGAN FOR PHYLLIS.
2014.
The Summer before my Future.








2 comments:
The force is strong with this one. Really, really strong.
P.S. Those dolls are creeping me out more than they should.
"I've never felt my soul growing down so fast."
Yes.
Post a Comment