"If you cannot be a poet, be the poem." -David Carradine

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

My Darling Angel Babies


I know you watch me and are cheering for me always.
I like to think I am making you proud.

I know someday, in what seems like forever, you'll be able to tell me the times I made you cry of happiness. I am so excited for that satisfaction. I hope to be over flowed with satisfaction in those days, receiving my reward for all that I've accomplished and for consistently obeying. Nothing would satisfy me more. I know that now.

But, my future children, I know I can't make you promise anything. But I can tell you what I hope for you.

I have gotten into this thing where I pray often for you. I pray that you will love me and your father deeply. I pray that you will know that we do not like to punish you. That it hurts us just as much you, but I don't expect you to understand until you're older or have your own kids and there's a small part of your heart running around that you want to protect and prepare as well as you can. I pray for myself, that I will be a good teacher. I pray that your Dad and I will be noticeably shining as much as we possibly can and that our testimonies will be a great foundation for you to build yours upon.
But most out of everything, I pray that you will have a natural desire to have a strong testimony of the gospel and everything it teaches. That'll you will love to know the truth about things. That you'll really really wanna figure out exactly what you believe.

I'm not sure how baby blessings work, but I'd like to just make that request please.
It's my hope that your daddy and I will pray for this and other things regarding you together long before you're even born.
But, I feel like your dad and I could help more than just praying and hoping. And that's by our shining examples that I hope will look WAY desirable to our kids that they can't help but want to get that happiness for themselves. Yesterday, today, forever and always.

Love, Phyllis

(would Amanda freakin hurry it up and have a baby?! We're running out of time!)

2 comments:

Shug Jameson said...

Tenchinoakachan! Angel baby, angel baby, angel baby!

Unknown said...

Awe... I was hoping somebody would post that(: