I miss when it wasn't so complicated. Not that the world has been stripped of simplicity, but I'm missing when I was 'simplicity'.
You produce simplicity even in the way you walk. Just your presence in the room made breathing a little easier for me.
You know when an introvert's in love when she gets more happy-energy from being with him than she gets from being with herself.
I realized I adored you when I saw that my love for you is greater than my love for solitude.
and that means so much to a girl like me.
But now that you're gone, I've spotted one hundred and ten more reasons why I fell in love you.
And, really truly positively, I'm glad that you've been far away because I've spotted it all from a distance and I see much clearer that way. Now my long-going suspicion that I will never take you for granted through "thick and thin" is now affirmed in my ears.
Because I realize I'm in love with you when I read your letters. and re-read your letters. and re-read your letters. I can feel through every subtle nerve in my body that I am totally and completely back again.
I miss myself some days...
So much.
Now, I realize I'm in love with you when I feel that I am the definition of perfect by the things you say to me. And the perfection I feel is content with being completely human. Just like you.
Now, I get to enjoy looking at us. Stepping back and realizing a lot.
Looking at me, walking into my room, seeing the pictures of us on the wall... and not seeing a boy that has been away much too long, but I see me.
I see me in the pictures of us. I see me in the way your hand is pulled around my waist and the pictures I didn't know were being taken and those where I didn't know you were looking at me.
I see me in your neat handwriting. I see me in the small way you draw.
I see me in the way that you move when you're laughing so hard. I see me in the muscles in your back and the curve of your shoulders where my hands have been so many times.
I find me in the wrinkles in the corners of your eyes when you really smile.
I find myself in the way your shirt hangs on you and the way you cup your hands.
I see me in the accidental videos I took while we were driving. I see me in the way you looked at me, more than you looked at the road.
Now...
I get to talk about you.
I get to write about you.
I get to sing about you and think about you.
Now I have time to kinda "fan girl" over you and I couldn't really do any of that day-dreamy stuff before because I was always with you, trying to keep up with our next adventure and adoring you with you right in front of me.
I have so much distance time for day-dreaming about us.
Now, distance time is not bad time.
I know that thinking so much is sometimes destructive, but not when it's the way I'm thinking about you.
Because I have a habit of suddenly realizing who you are and how much you love me and how I've gotten the closest to the untouchable you.
And it's makes me cry.
Because I can't think of one day in my life when I've been good enough to deserve it.
(and by 'it' I mean you).
Snails,
Brynnie













1 comment:
Oh freaking heck. I can't even begin to explain to you how MUCH I FREAKING LOVE THIS POST! I got the freaking chills when I was reading this and looking at the pictures of you lovely two. You two are so perfect. And even more perfect together... you guys just look and feel like you go together - forever. I mean that in the most sincere way. You guys. You guys are amazing and I love you two being together so much. I love how you love him. Oh, and I TOTALLY get the 'fan girl' part. Couldn't relate to that more. I just love this so much. I could go on forever, but really! This is amazing and I love you and it and you guys and everything. Ahhhhh....
PS I am so sorry we didn't get to go on a walk last night. We must do one very soon. Ok? Ok. (:
PPS I keep re-reading this post. I love it SO much!!!!!!
Post a Comment