"If you cannot be a poet, be the poem." -David Carradine
Wednesday, September 25, 2013
now I think we're falling into autumn
We're all excited for fall. Everyone. No one complains about the leaves changing colors. Not a soul groans when they think of the sweaters we can now wear to school. Everyone can move out of their way to step on the crunchy leaves, because no one can frown when they hear a crunch. We can eat soup and hear about football whatever's and sit on front porch benches and watch the rain beat down on your roofs and gutters. We can bring blankets to school with an excuse and we'll wear shoes and tights and scarves. We won't have to put on deodorant in the mornings and we'll walk through campus in the foggy air. Crunching the sycamore leaves and whispering your favorite words along the way. And everything's great because you like it that way. No one's complaining.
And you think to yourself, 'You think this is good? Just wait until winter.'
90 Days 'Til Christmas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
"and hear about football whatever's"
"whispering your favorite words along the way. And everything's great because you like it that way. No one's complaining.
And you think to yourself, 'You think this is good? Just wait until winter.'"
So pretty much I love this whole thing.
Please enjoy how the trees on the mountains change colors. I miss that so much.
Also, I love your playlist. It's fresh and I love it.
Post a Comment