
Dear Phyllis,
It's okay if happiness doesn't come by itself. Because I learned something a while ago. It's that if you like happiness, you've got to search for it. The purest most divine kinds of happiness. Steal it anyway you can.
AND DON'T YOU DARE TRADE IT FOR ANYTHING.
I don't care about your heart.
I don't care when it's hard.
I don't care when it's cold outside.
I don't care that you can never get your kite to fly.
It's not okay to let your life pass by.
You've only got so much Earth-time, Phyllis.
Don't just sit there.
Go find happiness. Because the best kinds of happiness are the ones that don't just come to you.
The best kinds of happiness are the one's you have to dig for. Deeper than you did yesterday.
BE SPECIFIC.
Even though life gets so hard sometimes, there is SO much more.
It's okay if happiness doesn't come by itself. Because I learned something a while ago. It's that if you like happiness, you've got to search for it. The purest most divine kinds of happiness. Steal it anyway you can.
AND DON'T YOU DARE TRADE IT FOR ANYTHING.
I don't care about your heart.
I don't care when it's hard.
I don't care when it's cold outside.
I don't care that you can never get your kite to fly.
It's not okay to let your life pass by.
You've only got so much Earth-time, Phyllis.
Don't just sit there.
Go find happiness. Because the best kinds of happiness are the ones that don't just come to you.
The best kinds of happiness are the one's you have to dig for. Deeper than you did yesterday.
BE SPECIFIC.
Even though life gets so hard sometimes, there is SO much more.
Amd I'm stealing happiness from evvvveerrrywhere lately because it hasn't been very easy to find it.
From Sundays I've been stealing everything. My favorite time is Sunday morning at 9 o clock. The weather has a tendency to fit my mood perfectly every week without fail. I LOVE to get clean on Sunday. Clean shower, clean hair, clean mind, clean spirit, clean heart. I get time to focus on what is actually important. My family likes to party hard after Sunday dinners and we're gonna do that with a little future family too someday. I take so much happiness from Sundays. Maybe the most happiness.
From Mondays I steal happiness from the emails I receive and the fresh look in my eyes in the mornings. I've been crying the most on Mondays lately but I think they're mostly happy tears as I see my best friends being the absolute best they can be right now. And I feel a small bit of how I'm sure the Savior feels for them as I burst with happiness and pride as I see how solid they've become. Nothing feels better than watching your friends doing exactly what He wants them to do. It's so shockingly wonderful and you fall more in love with them everytime you spot another way they've grown.
I make weekly goals usually on Tuesday because my Mondays are too busy and I even procrasitate the making of my goals.
One of my goals is not procrastinating, of course.
Tuesdays mean the temple and I miss the temple the second I walk away from it's doors. I am sooooo grateful for a boy that forced me to the temple and helped me fall in love with it.
I make weekly goals usually on Tuesday because my Mondays are too busy and I even procrasitate the making of my goals.
One of my goals is not procrastinating, of course.
Tuesdays mean the temple and I miss the temple the second I walk away from it's doors. I am sooooo grateful for a boy that forced me to the temple and helped me fall in love with it.
Tuesdays bring some sort of energy that boosts me for the rest of the week or kills me right from the start.
That's why Tuesdays are important.
Tuesdays are the prediction of a lazy week or a productive week.
Wednesdays are when I miss people.
But they're when I most love people and realize how grateful I am for them once again.
Especially as of late.
Wednesdays are when I am tired of people and need to hang out by myself for the night as much as I pretend I can pull through it another day. Wednesdays are drama days, usually. They're middle-of-the-week melt-into-the-ground days.
But my Blessings List does love Wednesdays.
I want to change Wednesdays a little.
I hate Thursdays.
The thing I try to love about Thursdays is that it's the day before Friday.
Friday means the weekend. And even though I'm not in school and my curfew doesn't change on the weekends, the thought of having the end of the week is just one step closer to heaven. And man, we were all made to be back in heaven but I've hardly ever been able to get my mind out of it.
That's why Tuesdays are important.
Tuesdays are the prediction of a lazy week or a productive week.
Wednesdays are when I miss people.
But they're when I most love people and realize how grateful I am for them once again.
Especially as of late.
Wednesdays are when I am tired of people and need to hang out by myself for the night as much as I pretend I can pull through it another day. Wednesdays are drama days, usually. They're middle-of-the-week melt-into-the-ground days.
But my Blessings List does love Wednesdays.
I want to change Wednesdays a little.
I hate Thursdays.
The thing I try to love about Thursdays is that it's the day before Friday.
Friday means the weekend. And even though I'm not in school and my curfew doesn't change on the weekends, the thought of having the end of the week is just one step closer to heaven. And man, we were all made to be back in heaven but I've hardly ever been able to get my mind out of it.
On Saturdays I steal small bits of happiness from the outside world. I can't stay inside on a Saturday or I get anxiety. Which in a way I guess is beautiful, or at least Dick Tidrow always thought so.
I can't sit on a Saturday.
I can't sit on a Saturday.
On Saturday, I find happiness from abandoning the goals I made at the beginning of the week. It brings happiness because of my new ability to end each week and be done with it. To lie down in my bed at night and be anxiety free. That part is truly beautiful because I had to dig the deepest for that happiness.
It took a long time to get there.
You can find happiness in everything and I'm a big believer in that. No matter how hard you think it is.
Learn from it. That's all I ask.
And learn to love happiness. The purest, most beautiful kind. Because if you'll learn that for me, you won't want to bring any of that bad back into your life again.
And you will be GIVEN the happiness that you've been searching so hard for.
I can't wait for that day.
Love,
Brynnie
It took a long time to get there.
You can find happiness in everything and I'm a big believer in that. No matter how hard you think it is.
Learn from it. That's all I ask.
And learn to love happiness. The purest, most beautiful kind. Because if you'll learn that for me, you won't want to bring any of that bad back into your life again.
And you will be GIVEN the happiness that you've been searching so hard for.
I can't wait for that day.
Love,
Brynnie
No comments:
Post a Comment