I haven't moved from this bed in 3 hours. At least.
There are three tea cups in my room that never were decorated.
There's a Blessings List taped to my wall that hasn't been touched in about three weeks.
There are tampons that I discovered in my room about three hours ago and they're scented.
I allowed my Self to be bothered by that more than anything because, I mean, really. Who decided to invent flower scented tampons?
That's just gross. In so many ways.
Plus, it's a lot a lot easier to be bothered by that than everything else. I'd rather fret over the small things than have to even glance at the big ones. I wish I wasn't like that.
I'm on my back, on my bed, and hoping I will sink into the sheets and never come back up again. Cuz I get like that sometimes, you know?
No matter how many chapters of scriptures I read this morning.
But I read inspiring missionary letters for a few hours and worked on my long on-going project. I don't feel like I'm wasting my life or my day or anything but I feel like I'm messing it up a little.
Oh, and also I cried a lot today.
Cuz no matter how many people love me, I forget sometimes. I forgot about my everything. The answers to why I'm here right now. I forgot about what literally makes the world spin 'round.
But now I remember a little bit more of why I'm even setting alarms to remember my morning prayers. Or why I write scriptures on my walls or why I'll go get my hair wet in the temple, even when it looks really good and it hurts to mess it up.
I forgot why I am so crucial, so important and so necessary to be on planet Earth right now. How could I be totally human and forget again??
Because it's still okay to be totally human.
Even if the world thinks it's totally out of style.
There are three tea cups in my room that never were decorated.
There's a Blessings List taped to my wall that hasn't been touched in about three weeks.
There are tampons that I discovered in my room about three hours ago and they're scented.
I allowed my Self to be bothered by that more than anything because, I mean, really. Who decided to invent flower scented tampons?
That's just gross. In so many ways.
Plus, it's a lot a lot easier to be bothered by that than everything else. I'd rather fret over the small things than have to even glance at the big ones. I wish I wasn't like that.
I'm on my back, on my bed, and hoping I will sink into the sheets and never come back up again. Cuz I get like that sometimes, you know?
No matter how many chapters of scriptures I read this morning.
But I read inspiring missionary letters for a few hours and worked on my long on-going project. I don't feel like I'm wasting my life or my day or anything but I feel like I'm messing it up a little.
Oh, and also I cried a lot today.
Cuz no matter how many people love me, I forget sometimes. I forgot about my everything. The answers to why I'm here right now. I forgot about what literally makes the world spin 'round.
But now I remember a little bit more of why I'm even setting alarms to remember my morning prayers. Or why I write scriptures on my walls or why I'll go get my hair wet in the temple, even when it looks really good and it hurts to mess it up.
I forgot why I am so crucial, so important and so necessary to be on planet Earth right now. How could I be totally human and forget again??
Because it's still okay to be totally human.
Even if the world thinks it's totally out of style.

2 comments:
"Even if the world thinks it's totally out of style"
I absolutely loved that part
"I don't feel like I'm wasting my life or my day or anything but I feel like I'm messing it up a little."
#honest
Post a Comment