"If you cannot be a poet, be the poem." -David Carradine

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

CHAMPIONS

70's Superheroines / John Seven


I want 5 or 6 little vampires for at least one Halloween.
Not to eat. To raise.

I'm just an 18 year old baby myself here, but that's all I can think about. Babies. 

I want a listener like Ethan.
And a lover like Queen Cambria.
I want a son just too amazing like Zane.
I want a dreamer like Landon.
And I want a talker like Gwen.
One girl sassy like Zoe.
And I want a baby boy to have a speech impediment like Prince Chaysie.

I dream all day of blue tile and my hands wet and soapy in the sink. I want Fruit Loops to be spilled on the ground and sticky hands to mark the barstools. I want a kitchen full of bright, white sunlight to wake us up on the weekends. I want to hear small barefoot steps running down the hall.
And I want our own early morning house smell and cold floors.

I see us taping the ceilings with paper snow flakes and blasting Christmas music.
I want tripping and head bonking and owies and laughing and crocodile tears.
I want my kids not to be grossed out by me and their dad kissing because they see it so often, it's not that weird. But I think that's kinda inevitable... Kissing just looks gross.

But most of all, I want the way I look at my kids to make them feel like Champions.
I know I'll want to prepare them for everything, but I mostly want them to feel like they did it on their own.
I'll tell them that the world's probably gonna give them paper cuts, but their mama's got a supply of bandaids that will never run out.
I want my babies to look hard at me and their daddy and have something to strive for. "Whatever they've got.. I want that." They'll say. And I hope that forever, they will be trying to get all of it.

Really, more than ALL the soccer goals they could ever score... I want my kids to be Champions forever.
Yes, I will always wanna teach my baby boys and my baby girls how to truly be Champions.

"Hi, Blynn! How was school?!"

"...heck, I'd name my kid Pompeeface Jr. if it meant I was with you."

2 comments:

Emily Ruth Pew said...

Daisy is mine!

PS pompeeface jr.

Shug Jameson said...

Hey, look at me! You're a champion!