

Everybody's laughing. "Hey, tell me."
I could tell you. If you wanted.
Story 1, Story 2 or Story 3?
But why would I when you wouldn't understand anyways?
Wasting my breath on words running on repeat in my head.
Please. I have neckties to make.
But why would I when you wouldn't understand anyways?
Wasting my breath on words running on repeat in my head.
Please. I have neckties to make.
You're wasting our time.
There are always so many white lies, I can't keep them straight. Who knows what anymore? You know you're in too deep when you think about getting a little pocket book to fill with all the lies you've told, when and who. You could memorize it in your spare time.
Then you could remember how exactly everybody sees you. And how you see your self.
A liar.
"Keep it on the down low."
All those times.. I wish we had never lied to Thomas. Yeah it was hilarious, because who doesn't love to lie to Thomas Graham? But more than anyone else I always wanted Thomas to know the truth about us, me and everything. Every truth I could offer, I wanted him to know. Who knows what story he still even believes?
I want him to know about the day I chose "Jacob" over "Edward" and why.
But he never answers my calls.
I don't know why, but I confide in strangers so often.
And that one boy? He only heard Story X. But could never get past Story "Why??" I wish I would've told him everything. Because those months that I held both of them by the wrists were horrible. If I had any regrets, those hallway chats would be it.
"Mormon slut."
And I hope I've learned that when it comes to decisions, to just make them.
Don't wade around in the water, Phyllis, cuz time is what makes it deeper.
If anyone could see it, she could.
She stood behind and watched it unfolding.
She asked for the details and updates.
And Hannah Cosper was the last one to leave us on the 38th floor.
There is only one tiny little thing that I didn't get to tell Timo before he left. It's really not that important and he'd say not to even worry about it, I know. But I so wish I would've.
"Will you tell me what happened?"
"Not now, but I'll tell you later."
There are always so many white lies, I can't keep them straight. Who knows what anymore? You know you're in too deep when you think about getting a little pocket book to fill with all the lies you've told, when and who. You could memorize it in your spare time.
Then you could remember how exactly everybody sees you. And how you see your self.
A liar.
"Keep it on the down low."
All those times.. I wish we had never lied to Thomas. Yeah it was hilarious, because who doesn't love to lie to Thomas Graham? But more than anyone else I always wanted Thomas to know the truth about us, me and everything. Every truth I could offer, I wanted him to know. Who knows what story he still even believes?
I want him to know about the day I chose "Jacob" over "Edward" and why.
But he never answers my calls.
I don't know why, but I confide in strangers so often.
And that one boy? He only heard Story X. But could never get past Story "Why??" I wish I would've told him everything. Because those months that I held both of them by the wrists were horrible. If I had any regrets, those hallway chats would be it.
"Mormon slut."
And I hope I've learned that when it comes to decisions, to just make them.
Don't wade around in the water, Phyllis, cuz time is what makes it deeper.
Time can't be wasted.
We have too many neckties to make.
I love it.
But Hannah Cosper saw it all.
Even before I did.
If anyone could see it, she could.
She stood behind and watched it unfolding.
She asked for the details and updates.
And Hannah Cosper was the last one to leave us on the 38th floor.
white lie
noun
- 1.a harmless or trivial lie, esp. one told to avoid hurting someone's feelings.
There is only one tiny little thing that I didn't get to tell Timo before he left. It's really not that important and he'd say not to even worry about it, I know. But I so wish I would've.
"Will you tell me what happened?"
"Not now, but I'll tell you later."
Lie 1, Lie 2, Lie 3?
(Truth: I miss telling someone everything)
(Truth: I miss telling someone everything)
No comments:
Post a Comment