"If you cannot be a poet, be the poem." -David Carradine

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Peyton and The Golden Girl eating crepes with Phyllis and The Cardinal

I'm talking about 5 Years Time.

I don't believe it's died.
tinaberning1.jpg
anna wolf photography - lifestyle 1
romance / stefan bruggemann
1 / Avi Abrams

I didn't realize how much I cared until I sat in my car and cried for you.

I know I love you supremely. But I think I was crying because this was so perfect.

After you hung up, I sat there and I thought to myself, there I go again, getting emotionally invested in relationships that aren't even my own.

Oh how I hoped and prayed that this would work. But, just to let you know... (I don't believe it's over.)

Reflecting on everything... I think more than anyone the person I should be standing next to in Paris, is you.
Listening to the words of Paris echoing boldly off the shops and ornate metal tables.
And the violin music chiseling off the cobblestoned alleyways. Yeah, it's always been for us.

All along, I've wondered about you and Paris.
I still wonder what you said to Paris that summer that made it try to find me.

You and I? We should've moved to Paris when I was more beautiful.
It was only appropriate for you and I to live rich, rich lives. But not to act like it. 
But to make sure our apartment was full with a cantankerous landlord, a drowsy, croaking old heater and that we could only afford to eat toast.
We were born to live in days only full of summer heat. Regina, the sweat, the weird smell of purple hair dye.
You and I in a van, trying to somehow drive it to Paris. Our dreams were big enough, I know we could've made it to Paris.


Regina, the sweat, the weird smell of purple hair dye and all. those. boys. Boys were fun. They were a nice thought, but after a few I think we both felt like we had our fair share.
But,
I believe that in 5 years time, Phyllis & The Cardinal and Peyton & The Golden Girl will be swimming in the fountains of Paris. Splashing and drunk on something good. Shining like the wishes dropped in the water, years and years ago.   Well, we'll have our ankles quaintly crossed at breakfast. Our 1950's dresses sitting in the curly cafe chairs in the morning. But, at night, we'll be tired. Sleeping before we even hit our pull-out beds. And everyone will ask us if we're drunk.

I invested in this dream the night we jumped into the lake with our clothes on. I knew you two were going to be something more and I still believe that you two have even more you're going to become together. I don't care what anyone says, I believe we will be seeing you in Paris someday.


I'm not going to let the universe forget about us. Any of us.

Give me your address. I need to write you that letter.

No comments: