"If you cannot be a poet, be the poem." -David Carradine

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Dreams of Glory




I am living it NOW.
Give me Manhattan.
I want the moon.
Give me sunshine.
Give me diamonds, Pluto and the sea.
I'll take all the gold
and you keep the change. All to yourself.

I've been trying to write something.
I think the problem is that I've just been trying to write everything. And most of that everything starts with the words "Dear Timothy".
And that's not for you.

I've been thinking a little too much lately.

I've thought that even if the winner really did take it all, it wouldn't matter because all that matters is the runner who finished the race. It all stays on the track and I can't decide if I like that or not.

I just know that I like that the last letter I wrote him was " magical". And he told me so. And I could feel it too.

And I know that you can only go as fast as the person in front of you. I've been wondering if the only way to be the fastest is by stealing other people's speed.

I've been thinking that life must flie by fast.
Because this moment is only now and it's pulling away quickly. Being pulled away by the next best thing.
So I've been thinking of one small thing: Be here now.

We're all just racing to the next red light and it has never gotten us further than the present moment.
So be here now. There's no where else to be.

I've been thinking.
Go somewhere and really be there.
Just be here now.

2 comments:

ky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ky said...

Oh my. I love this.